Order the A1 reader
The four volumes take you from beginner level (A1)
to B2 (upper intermediate) level of the Common European Framework for Languages.
Each volume covers the topics and requirements of one proficiency level.
- Course book and workbook – they are the basis. Everything else is built on them. Click here to order them.
- Instructions, useful sentences, glossaries translated, answer keys (select level, then click on Supplementary materials)
- The teacher's handbook, worksheets and tests (select level, then Teachers)
- More than 12 hours of audio recordings to the books in the Audio section (select level, then click on Audio).
- About 70 videos for the A1, A2 and B1 levels (select levels, then click on Video). Or watch them on YouTube: Magyarul beszélni menő.
- Digital materials (select level, click Supplementary materials then Digital materials). Or click here.
- Digital flashcards on Memrise with the words and useful expressions of the A1 and A2 books.
- The entire MagyarOK corpus is available on Sketch Engine. You can find a lot of examples with a selected word or expression in the corpus of the MagyarOK materials. You can search in the entire material or by level and chapter.
- You can also order posters here to help you with language learning.
The material is corpus-informed (we took a lot of time to study native speakers' language use), model-based (you receive various models as to how you can express something) communication-centered (you will speak a lot) ensuring stable progression and sound knowledge of Hungarian grammar and vocabulary.
- The textbooks present the core content of the program.
They consists of eight to 12 chapters based on various everyday life topics.
They provide key vocabulary, a wide variety of activities, and introduces grammar features.
At the end of each chapter you will find pronunciation exercises and the list of useful sentences.
Check out Chapter 5 of the A1+ textbook.
Check out Chapter 4 of the A2+ textbook.
Check out Chapter 9 of the B1+ textbook.
Check out Chapter 5 of the B2+ textbook.
- The exercise books complement the textbooks by presenting more detailed grammar explanations and exercises.
Check out Chapter 4 of the A1+ exercise book.
Check out Chapter 4 of the A2+ exercise book.
Check out Chapter 9 of the B1+ exercise book.
Check out Chapter 5 of the B2+ exercise book.
- The Teacher's Manual facilitates lesson preparation.
We offer full lesson plans and plenty of ideas as to how to work with the material in an effective way.
Check out the Teacher's Manual to A1+ Chapter 4.
Check out the Teacher's Manual to A2+ Chapter 4.
Check out the Teacher's Manual to the B1+ books.
- The Readers (only for A1 so far)
contain short model texts and exercises related to the topics covered in the textbooks.
Check out the Preface (English from p. 5)
Check out Chapter 4.
More about the A1 reader