The four volumes will take you from the complete beginner level (A1) to the B2 (upper intermediate) of the Common European Framework for Languages. Each volume covers the topics and requirements of one proficiency level. The material is model-based, communication-centered and ensures a sound knowledge of Hungarian grammar and vocabulary.
- Course book and workbook – they are the basis. Everything else is built on them. Click here to order them.
- Instructions, useful sentences, glossaries translated, answer keys (select level, then click on Supplementary materials)
- The teacher's handbook, worksheets and tests (select level, then Teachers)
- More than 12 hours of audio recordings to the books in the Audio section (select level, then click on Audio).
- About 70 videos for the A1, A2 and B1 levels (select levels, then click on Video). Or watch them on YouTube: Magyarul beszélni menő.
- Digital materials (select level, click Supplementary materials then Digital materials). Or click here.
- Digital flashcards on Memrise with the words and useful expressions of the A1 and A2 books.
- The entire MagyarOK corpus is available on Sketch Engine. You can find a lot of examples with a selected word or expression in the corpus of the MagyarOK teaching materials. You can search in the entire material or by level and chapter.
- You can also order posters here to help you with language learning.
- The textbook forms the core of the program.
It consists of eight chapters based on various everyday life topics.
They provide key vocabulary, a wide variety of activities, and introduces grammar features.
At the end of each chapter you will find pronunciation exercises and the list of useful sentences.
Check out Chapter 4 of the A1+ textbook.
Check out Chapter 4 of the A2+ textbook.
Check out Chapter 9 of the B1+ textbook.
Check out Chapter 5 of the B2+ textbook.
- The exercise book complements the textbook by presenting more detailed grammar explanations and exercises.
Check out Chapter 4 of the A1+ exercise book.
Check out Chapter 4 of the A2+ exercise book.
Check out Chapter 9 of the B1+ exercise book.
Check out Chapter 5 of the B2+ exercise book.
- The Teacher's Manual facilitates lesson preparation.
We offer full lesson plans and plenty of ideas as to how to work with the material in an effective way.
Check out the Teacher's Manual to A1+ Chapter 4.
Check out the Teacher's Manual to A2+ Chapter 4.
Check out the Teacher's Manual to the B1+ books.
- All audio recordings for the textbook and the exercise book.
- Links to the videos presenting variations to the situations in the textbook.
- The answer key for all the exercises in the textbook and the exercise book.
- Grammar explanations in other languages.
- Glossaries to the vocabulary of the textbook and the exercise book.
- And many other additional study materials.
With all these materials you can set out to learn Hungarian on your own or in a group.
- Besides being highly communication-centred (for language is all about communication and exchange of information), it gives you plenty of opportunities for listening, reading and writing.
- The books propose a fairly rapid progression always focusing on real needs. Useful vocabulary and grammar stand in the foreground.
- Well-structured chapters and grammar overviews help you build up a steady knowledge of the Hungarian language and enable you to immediately apply it to everyday life's situations.
- Internet-based activities encourage you to search the Web for information in Hungarian right from the beginning.
- The study material integrates activities around intercultural exchange where you can use the Hungarian language to tell about your culture or find out more about others'.
- And, last but not least, language learning with these books is fun! :-)